Sunday, December 7, 2014

Arjun you stud

Arjun Appadurai was terrible to read to start the class. At the time it made me feel very intimidated of theory. I did not know if I was ever going to understand what Appadurai was saying.

Now that we have revisited Mr. Appadurai, I am actually grateful for reading him first. I had no idea who he was referencing when we first read him, but now after taking this journey through theory I have begun to make the connections that Appadurai is getting across.

"If your present is their future, and their future is your past, then your own past can be made to appear as simply a normalized modality of your present" (513).
I can't explain this one.

Ethnoscapes and technoscapes have begun to make more sense to me. They tie in together because technology helps to spread ethnoscapes. The spread of different cultures is made available through technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment